Thursday, October 4, 2012

Am I Blue

     I just finish a passage called " A I Blue "  by Bruce Coville and I really liked it. It was about a kid named Vince who's struggling because he thinks he might be gay. Vince was a average boy who got bullied everyday for people thinking he was gay. There's this jock named Butch Carrigan who bullies Vince and and calls him faggot everyday and beats him up. Vince goes through hell everyday for something people think he is but he's really not. If I was in Vince's place I would feel depressed and sad because of the bullies that taunt me everyday. 
    Then fairy god father comes along and tells him that he has three wishes. Vince say that he will be embarrassed because everyone will make fun of him because a old man is following him. Vince cares about what people think to much than himself. Vince is the first boy in the world to have a fairy god father. Vince thinks just because he's the first to have a fairy god father he might be gay. He stated that three bruisers dragged him into an alley and said " we'll teach you faggot " and started beating him up. 
    At the end Vince wishes that Butch Carrigan turn gay but the fairy god father states Butch was already gay. I think it doesn't make sense for Butch to bully Vince for thinking he was gay when he really wasn't because Butch turns out to be gay the whole time. Vince saves his last wist for something important like a girl. I think the main idea in this passage is don't ever do something to someone if you don't want it to happened to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment